Friday, June 3, 2011

Without Hair

One week today without hair. It has been a great experience. I have gotten more compliments and support than I ever imagined I would. So many people have come up to me and told me how much they appreciate the amount of money and awareness my team of Luscious Ladies have raised for the Canadian Cancer Society. Also people have commented on how courageous they think it is that I was willing to lose my hair for the cause. I just thought that it would be a great way to encourage people to donate and I also thought it was a great way to support my Aunty in her fight against cancer. There have been a lot of people that just stare and I don't even mind that, in fact it makes me smile. People need to be more accepting and should try not to be so shocked by something as little as a bald woman. I am considering shaving my head once more at the end of June and then letting it grow back for the remainder of summer and hopefully by the time the cold weather starts there will be enough hair there to keep my head warm. The cold was definitely one of the first things I noticed once my hair was gone. My head is a nice shape and there is only 1 little scar on the very top. I knew I would feel the same as I always have. It is only hair and it will grow back. I was a little worried about how J and the kids would react but the kids think it is cool. M especially likes to rub my head. haha J was surprised  by how much it made my eyes stand out and he thinks I am just as beautiful as before only now he is a little more proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment