Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Procrastination!

     So this is why I am here right now, procrastinating! I should be showered and dressed and by now the house should be clean and the laundry should be going and really the list could go on for a while. I would have to say that usually my procrastinating doesn't usually cause any problems but I would have to say that yesterday it didn't go so well for me. I was enjoying the quiet as the little girl I watch was taking a nap and thinking well I guess I really should get something done around here before J gets home at 2pm for his short afternoon break. So I decided to finish with the rearranging of our living room. The TV stand had already been moved and I just had to put everything back on the shelves and the TV back on the stand. Really something that I do often enough but a lot less often since my new TV stand is so large and heavy. Anyway everything was coming along nicely until I turned and bumped the VCR which then bumped the TV. I almost had a heart attack but the TV looked alright so I finished setting everything up and decided to watch a show while I folded the laundry (which I had also put on my procrastination list). So I turned on the TV and then I went into shock because indeed I had broken J's TV that he had worked so hard to get (since it was purchased mostly with his winnings from The Biggest Loser Competition). So anyway I shut the TV, with it's pretty little star burst in the bottom right corner, off and sat for a few moments to google and see if there was any possible way to fix it which apparently there isn't, short of paying crazy repair prices or buying a new one. So I sent off a message to a friend saying good-bye since I figured J would most likely kill me when he got home and then I cleaned up a little more because well the maybe the mess would still be there tomorrow but maybe I wouldn't be. So I was working on the dishes waiting  for J to come home to give him the awful news and dreading doing so at the same time. I finished up the dishes just as J got home and we chatted a little bit about how our days had been so far and I told him that as bad as someones day had been, I was sorry that I was about to give him news that would make his immensely worse. I started bawling and sputtered out that I had broken his TV. He took it well. I guess he was worried I was going to tell him someone else had passed away and I said well his TV had kind of died a little but that if someone had passed on I would not have told him that way. Oh well he still loves me and the TV still technically works although it doesn't look near as pretty as it did a couple days ago but life could be worse. We are all in good health and we have a house that is messy but that means we have a house and stuff to mess it up. We are blessed and I am lucky to be blessed with a forgiving husband. Really it wasn't the procrastinating that broke anything it was just an accident but maybe one day I will learn to procrastinate less but ... probably not. On a lighter note Congrats to my cousin on the arrival of his little girl. Can't wait to meet her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment