Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year?

     It has been a little while since I last posted so Christmas has come and gone and the New Year has been rung in. Christmas went well and was spent with good people. The kids were happy with their gifts and I think it is safe to say we all felt spoiled. Things never seem to go as planned though and because of this I have 3 dozen eggs left in my fridge but overall everything still went well. I got to spend Christmas day with some of J's family and most of my family so it was nice. Boxing Day though uuugghhh seriously what a waste. It would be nice if someone would listen to me the next time I say it would be nice to skip the craziness that is Boxing Day sales and just stay home and enjoy all that we already have. Hopefully next Boxing Day will be a nice and quiet day with time to visit, relax and enjoy!
     Good bye 2011! You were not the nicest to our family and I am happy to see you go! This doesn't mean that nothing good came from you but you were definitely hard on our family. To be honest I am not feeling the positivity that J is trying to ring in the New Year with. 2010 and 2011 were hard on us and our families suffered some huge losses. I am fearful that 2012 will bring more of the same. I still haven't come to terms with the most recent loss and I just hope that we don't lose anyone this year. I hope everyone we care about will have a healthy year and that things go smoothly for our family. Last year we struggled in many ways. One of our biggest struggles was trying to get our finances back on track. This year is the year! This WILL happen. We have a plan and are putting it in place and taking action. That feels good. I think if I were to make a New Years Resolution - it would be to become financially stable and establish a decent savings. This goal that seemed so far out of reach at this time last year is now looking like an easy goal to achieve. I will try to be more positive than negative this year and though I have fear, I am still able to be hopeful that good things will come of 2012. Topping the list of good things to come are 2 new babies in the family. One on my side and one on J's side. Babies are always nice to have around. I am also hoping to blog a little more in 2012. I am not going to commit to everyday but maybe I will try for once a week. May 2012 bring you all that you hope for and may the good things out number the bad. Cheers to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Babies are nice so long as they belong to someone else and can go home after a bit lol. Don't get me wrong, I love babies. I loved my boys and their baby stage...but honestly, I love this more. I love their independance and the independance it gives back to me. I can't wait for the years to come and for their lil personalities to develop more <3. Happy New Year hun, to you and the fam as well <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well if it helps, you have always remained in my highschool memories as an awesome and positive person. I have great confidence in you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the positive words Dirma :) and Mel babies are especially awesome when you can give them back although I loved when my kids were small and easier to figure out. You would think once they learn to talk everything would always be easier to figure out but I suppose that isn't always true since it is so often difficult to put our thoughts and feelings into the right words. We are expecting a niece from J's side and a nephew from my side.

    ReplyDelete