Sunday, November 6, 2011

The 1st Snow Has Fallen

So it is no big secret that I am not a huge fan of snow. Well maybe that isn't totally true. More true may be I am not a huge fan of winter. I do love snow. It makes everything look fresh and bright. Snow also means that our home feels even more cozy and I love seeing the kids rosy cheeks when they come in after being out in the snow. It also means hot chocolate ... mmmmm! I also love that snow brings with it the sledding season. I love watching the kids have so much fun on the hill. Really I guess the only time I really hate snow is when there is so much that the roads get really awful. Winter I despise because it lasts sooo long. Every year (well for a long time anyway) I would get really blue starting sometime in February because that is when I usually am ready for the winter to be done with. Since I have realized that this seems to be a regular occurrence February hasn't been so bad. Now I see it coming and deal with it a lot better. I bet J is a lot happier too now that I am dealing better with the winter blues since it was usually with him that I got the most frustrated. Also it gives him an out and he can just blame my crabiness on winter and know that it most likely isn't anything he said or did. It is crazy that a season can have such a crazy affect on a person and then of course it affects everything around that person if they can't get it under control. It is like the sadness spreads like a disease or something and the only way to properly deal with it is to recognize the issue and then deal with it before it becomes a problem. Thankfully I am able to deal with it better now and though I still tend to hate winter, I am able enjoy it more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment