Monday, March 19, 2012

People!

     You know what I hate - when people open their mouths and say hurtful stuff just for the sake of saying it. J and I recently got some new furniture because it was all on sale for a really great price. We have been looking for a long time as the stuff we had was really old hand me down stuff that was getting uncomfortable and falling apart. Anyway I was visiting with some family and we were talking about what is new and so I mentioned that we had gotten a really great deal on a new dining room set. Well this person says it must be nice to have a Dad that will buy you anything you want, just because you want it. What am I supposed to say? She just assumed that Dad bought it for us but we used money that we saved up to buy our set. Also if my Dad or anyone wants to help us out or gift us with something why should anyone be so negative about it? I am feeling really awful now and I just kind of want to get rid of everything we have (talk about overreacting) but really I don't want that person to come over for a visit because with them in my house I know I will just feel guilty about anything nice that we have.

2 comments:

  1. Keep your pecker up and fuck em! I would have said "NOT that it is ANY of your business, but we saved for it". Call them on their douchiness...its hard with family tho. Family sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really taken back by the assumption that my father will buy me anything I want, that really has never been the case. I am not going to say my dad wouldn't do stuff to help me out but I am far from his favorite and it isn't like that is any great secret but anyway that could be something for another blog. Since I was so surprised by what was said, I just looked at this person and was like Um we saved for the table set. We paid for it not Dad! and then my kids were running amok and I had to chase them so I just left quickly which I think added to the situation. I am pretty sure that though I said not much that the fact that I was not happy was quite clear.

    ReplyDelete